Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Trying to find a quiet place to work or study

Monday night/Tuesday morning's dream -2 of 3

In the second dream of the night, which doesn't seem to be related, I am working at a desk in a room which is both a large school and part of my mother's office. And possibly also a church. A new person has been hired. I forget her name, but she is young with short, jaw length blond hair. She doesn't have anywhere to sit, so I offer her my desk. She takes it up front. I talk to my mother's office manager, N-, about where I should go now, and she's not sure. I want to go and ask my mother about it, but she is in some kind of important meeting. The whole office is larger and grand with lots of polished wood.

I find my way into a classroom. My friend H- is there, but the desks are somewhat small and crowded, several rows of desks with multiple chairs at them. There won't be much room for my two computers, and I also don't like people sitting beside me. And I want to work at my own level... the class will gravitate towards the slowest people in it and I will be bored and wont' be able to get anything done. At this point she's the only one in there, and there's room at the back, but I don't really want to have to work there with the other people so I go to find my mother again and ask if I can have another desk in a room to myself. But, she's still occupied. When I come back, the classroom has filled up with everybody else and the teacher, and there are no empty seats in the back. I am huffy and don't want to squeeze in with the rest, so I refuse to join them.

I wander through other rooms. There is a room with a large divided couch, which is a confession room for the church part of the building. I find a large empty classroom with a polished wood floor, and talk to a nun there about where I can work, and she tries to come up with a solution with me, but in the end we still haven't found one and I keep looking around. I don't want anybody sitting behind me looking at my computer screen, and I want a room by myself.

No comments: