Monday, December 31, 2007

Killer Bicyclist

12/29/2007
Saturday Night's dream


Towards the end of a long complicated dream that I don't remember, I'm going through a logging area. I'm not sure if I'm on foot or on a bicycle, but I don't think I walked all the way there. I have lost whatever vehicle I had. Towards the end of the road, I meet up with a bicyclist. She is sort of disheveled, with wild dark hair. We talk, and she mentions offhand that she's killed a couple of people in bicycling accidents (the others were also on bicycles or in cars). She speaks of it as sort of an unfortunate side effect; I feel slightly appalled by it, but I suppose that it does happen, we just don't hear about it that much. The continuing roads are closed, possibly by flooding, or don't go where I want to go, so I set off through the woods. I'm intending to cut through the hills to the town of R-. I pass a simple wooden shed in the woods, by the side of the road, intended for travelers to take shelter in. It's like a park building. A sign stipulates that the door to the "huckleberry hut" must remain open at all times. This has something to do with the weather conditions.

No comments: