Saturday, December 15, 2007

Horse Handling

Thursday night/Friday morning's dream

Once again, I can only remember the part right before I woke up.

I came into my parents' yard. My mother had three horses there that she had been keeping just recently. I asked her if she had fed them grain and she said no, she hadn't fed them anything extra. I told her you have to feed them grain in the winter and also give them hay to graze on, and I went and got some grain and gave it to them. When I came back she was putting up hay for them in hay nets, tied to the cedar tree. I led one of the horses and was down on the road and she was doing something with the other horses. The horse I was leading was a foal, small enough that I could put my arm over his back easily. She was doing something ahead that was spooking and scaring the foal, and he went behind me, hiding, and was pulling back. I held him steady and kept pressing my back to his side, and he curved around me; it felt very secure although he was nervous and I was calming him. I woke up with this feeling around me.

Earlier in the dream there was this part where one of my coworkers, B- had turned out to be a distant relative of mine. It was like I'd learned this in a previous dream and had only now remembered it. I was programming a cell phone address book that was very complicated. I spent a long time categorizing people as family or friends, and then I realized there was this little triangular symbol that would do it for me, and I needn't have spent all that time. It was then that I saw him categorized as family, and I thought it was a mistake, but then I remembered that he was in fact a relative, as I'd found out previously. The cell phonehad a lot of different options that were confusing. There was a flood that we were navigating at this time as well, but I don't remember all the other details, although there was a lot going on.

No comments: