Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Looking for a gift, finding crazy people

In the part I remember, I spent a lot of time walking and driving around downtown. It did not actually look like Port-, but I think it was supposed to be. The house I lived in looked sort of like one of my old houses in A-. I went over to my brother's house with him to get a present for our mother on her birthday. He had apparently forgotten to get one. First we drove to a nearby shop that sold maps and similar artifacts. I looked at theses (there were bumpy maps, globes, many small map items) and thought to myself that she might like them, but my brother didn't find what he was looking for and we left again. Then, we went to another nearby shop which sold comic books or something, but it was closed. It was getting late in the day, the afternoon was sunny but not particularly warm. We went back to his apartment. He started sorting through some drawings and comic pages he had made, in black and white, looking for one to give to her.

My aunt K- either stopped by or was going to stop by but went to my house instead, becuase we were intending to go back there. My vehicle was still there, I'd come here in my brother's. We told her we'd meet her there for lunch or dinner. But, when we called my house, expecting to find her (and arrange to eat), she was no longer there. We decided she had gotten tired of waiting and left, which made me a little disappointed.

While my brother was sorting through all his stuff, my father showed up. My father and I drove around and we went up a steep hill. It had a mansion at the top which we wall knew about, which my sister had mentioned in relation to her work, and we pointed it out and talked about it. A governor lived there, called governor margeauruex, or something like that, she was a somewhat eccentric older woman. We saw her leaning out on the balcony of the mansion, looking down. As we drove up the steep hill, a woman was walking up the hill with the cars, to the right of us. My father commented on how she was dressed up and must be going somewhere special, she was wearing a silky evening gown in a very pale cream color. I then saw that she was wearing socks (and no shoes), and said she was probably crazy instead. He said that going sockfoot didn't necessarily mean she was crazy. But as we watched, she started walking on her hands and feet (not knees), and she crossed the road and ran this way into a parking lot on the right, which eventually led up to the governor's mansion. I don't think she was wearing anything under the gown, besides her socks, and decided that she was in fact crazy.

We returned to my brother's apartment. He was still sorting through stuff. My father lay down on a couch or chair and covered himself, evidently planning to sleep here and spend the night. My brother was complaining to my father about how I kept blowing air on him, on his ears. I laughed at said he made it sound romantically inclined. He said it was annoying and irritating. After other idle chitchat it became clear that they were both planning to stay here, so I decided I was going home. I would have to walk, becuase the my brother's vehicle was here, and mine was at home. It was a ways, although not insurmountable to walk, but I noticed that darkness had started to fall and some people would not consider this wise. I announced my intention to head back, and neither my brother or father made any comment about walking back in the dark (or driving me back), so I headed off.

No comments: