Friday, August 17, 2007

Mysterious Glowing Rocks, Age Control

Tuesday Night, 8/14
Something is going on up on the new logging road, at the end of the road. Signs are put up indicating that there is going to be some kind of explosion tonight as they try to unearth some kind of large rock (with the idea that people will go to watch the excavation). We toy with the idea of going to it, but end up not. As evening falls, word gets out that something strange has been discovered. It is a large sandstone rock but it has transparent parts, and inside is a glowing green cavity. The area is now restricted. Everybody speculates about it. My father mentions that he ran into some police in the woods earlier as they were wandering around sectioning off the area. They had Geiger counters to test for radioactivity (he cannot remember what these are called, I supply the word. Then the family starts discussing how it is actually pronounced... "jijer, jiger, giger, gijer").

Later I am thinking about that hollow rock they found and playing with an inflatable globe. The air keeps going out, but there is a patch over the north pole which can be positioned to prevent the air from going out so fast. I fiddle with this for some time, deflating, inflating, and putting the patch over the hole.

I am back in my apartment. My brother is there. He is very young, and running around playing with a squirtgun. In the dream I am aware that he is not really that young, and that I should update his activities (and appearance) to be more appropriate to his real age, perhaps lounging on the couch and doodling. I envision this, but, in the end, I keep him the same age. Although I am aware this is not reality, and also aware that I can influence it, I don't think I was aware that I was actually dreaming. It was pretty strange.

He has been playing with the computer and listening to music as well, and he has some kind of video game. It is not playstation or gameboy but something else which begins with P. I tell him he can use the computer on the guest account that my husband recently set up (about the only thing that's also true in the waking world), or play video games with the playstation, if he wants to, but he opts not to do so right now, and runs around playing. The dream fades back and forth between this house and my parents' house with the radioactive rock activities, switching scenes.

There's another later chapter to this dream, but I can't remember it.

No comments: