Friday, August 17, 2007

Conflicting Play Dates & Prior Engagements

Last night's dream: Thursday night 8/16

I am arranging to go to a play on Saturday night in P- with my Aunt. We are all visiting at my grandma's house.

Then, somehow I run into one of my coworker's, Ju-, while I am out and about somewhere that looks kind of like a Costco warehouse. He also asks me to go to a play on Saturday night. This one is some sort of interactive play which is similar to the Creative Anachronism or Renaissance Faire things, where the play-goers will actually dress up in period clothes and participate. He is really excited about it, and I also start to look forward to it (thinking it would be kind of neat, weird, but okay because he is okay with it being weird) and finally agree to go. Then I remember about the play with my Aunt, and am worrying about what I am going to tell her... do I break off the engagement with my coworker, or with my aunt?

I am debating this, back at my Grandma's house, when my sister comes along and reminds me that I have a play to go to with HER on Saturday night, which we arranged weeks ago! I realized that this arrangement trumps the others and tell my aunt that I'd already had the one set up with my sister. My aunt and I will go another time. I still haven't told my coworker and am not looking forward to this (or trying to find him again... I think I actually end up going to it looking for him just to tell him that I won't be able to come).

In the waking world I have NO play on this Saturday night, for what it's worth. Although I do have a regularly scheduled one every couple of months with another relative not in the dream.

No comments: