Thursday, June 12, 2008

Breaking News Interrupted

Wednesday night's dream 6/12/2008

There were two dreams or two parts to this dream. The second part was very realistic and I actually thought I'd told my husband about it after the dream (as an actual happening), but that part turned out to be part of the dream too!

In the first dream, I am back at H- Valley visiting my family. There's an indian or pakistani couple setting up a business (possibly a small restaurant or food cart) nearby in G. Mound, and there is a guy related to them who keeps talking to me. When he finds out I'm married, he's all annoyed. There's a confusing part with a small airplane or glider, which I think my sister is flying (I'm with her). She takes off near G. Mound. But each time she takes off, she has second thoughts right away and brings the plane down right away (it doesn't crash, I think it has a parachute attached), and we bail out. Then there's a part where I am standing where the creek goes under the road near my grandma's driveway. I have a bunch of flat flagstone-like rocks and I am stacking them in a row at the end of the road above the creek culvert (it was very important in the dream but I cannot remember what it was for), while the Indian guy hangs about and talks to me, before he finds out I'm married. I don't really care for him, although I like his relatives running the food stand, so I'm kind of relieved when he goes away.


In the second dream, I was visiting family this upcoming weekend. I was pregnant and planned to tell them about it. I went over to visit at my Grandma's, and my aunt and uncle were there as usual along with the rest of the family who already knew. I decided to wait until just before it was time to go home to break the news. I went got up and went to the bathroom or something, and when I came back, my Cousin K- was there on the couch. I was surprised as I thought she was out of the state and not expected back any time soon. I said something to the room at large like, "I have some news to tell everybody!" But then my cousin, who was sort of stroking her belly, said that she ALSO had some news to share with everybody, but she wanted to wait a bit! I realized she wanted to tell them that SHE was pregnant. I felt mad that this had come up at the same time, but she then asked me somehow not to say anything about my news yet, and I didn't want to "steal her thunder" so I decided to wait. After all, it didn't seem like it would really do for us both to announce at the same time and undermine each other. But I was still kind of pissed off. So then I waiting and the visit ended and we all got up to leave. When we were outside, I said, "weren't you going to tell them something before you left?" and she goes, "Oh, actually I decided to wait on sharing my news." At this point I don't know if she did this on purpose to ruin my news, or if she's even pregnant at all or just pretending! Either it was very annoying and I didn't end up telling anybody as a result, and repeated the incident to my husband later in the dream, indignant about it.

No comments: