Saturday, May 31, 2008

Terror at the Stadium

Friday night's/Saturday morn's dream
May 31 2008

My husband and I are at the top of a hill in a wooded area. There is a very steep dirt path down the side of the hill, quite long a rickety, you would basically have to run down it catching yourself on trees becuase it's so steep. We are in S. A. in an area I have not been to before. I have a bunch of things with me and I run down the hill, calling to him to come on. I stop at a landing part way down and call back, but he's taking his time (or not coming at all) so I scamper on ahead. When I get to the bottom I realize I haven't got my cell phone or wallet or anything, just a picture frame (with a picture of him) and I think my keys. I was going to call him and tell him I'm at the bottom but as I don't have my phone and it's now too far to shout, I can't.

I walk a little ways on across a small grassy area and now suddenly I'm in the middle of a city. There's a huge outdoor arena set up with stadium seating semi-circular around a stage, and there's a play going on. I walk around the base of the seating looking for a place to sit down and watch. It's fairly tightly packed. Finally I sit down on the right side close to the stage, on an empty space on a wide bench. There are people sitting on the other side of it but they are facing the other way with their backs to me, and there's plenty of room. I've only sat there a few seconds when the person I'm sitting back-to-back to turns around and grabs me, pulling me back towards him. He is a very large fat american guy with similar comrades and he tries to kiss me, I start struggling and hitting him, and moments later some S. A. policemen arrive. I tell them what he did and he makes some feeble excuse like I was sitting in their seat and he was just trying to get me to move. I am standing clutching the picture to my front but the policemen knock it to the ground when they pull me off the seat, and the glass in the picture frame breaks. They ask me for ID but of course I don't have any. One of the policeman picks up the picture frame, the picture is of my husband in traditional clothes, and I tell them he is my husband. They take the photo out of the broken frame and behind it are a few sheets of legal paper with my handwriting on it. It's something very old and I panic and try to get it back, not knowing what it is. Is it an old story I wrote? Will they decide it's incriminating? But they take it. Then one of the policeman leads me over to the side of the stage in the corridor between two curtains and asks me again what happened. I explain to him again but he also tries to grab me and kiss me, I fight him off and run out of the corridor, but the policeman are all there and probably going to arrest me now, and the other spectators aren't sympathetic either. I am trapped and am petrified of what will happen. I feel I should not have come here and ended up in this situation. I am wondering if my husband will catch up and be able to help, and why did I leave my things behind?

No comments: