Friday, May 30, 2008

A Cool Lunch

May 30 - Thursday night/Friday morning

In the first dream, I am sitting in the back seat of a car parked in the downtown area. It is extremely hot and sunny outside, and I am wearing my long tie-dyed skirt. One of my coworkers, B-, is in the front seat, and we exchange conversation. Unlike in real life, he is being quite nice and I am surprised but happy about this. I have some food with me, a carton of cottage cheese into which I have mixed some chives (I was reading about this in the newspaper last night, it sounded like an odd combination) and some canned fruit in a storage container. I get out of the car and walk down the street looking for a place to eat. I end up going into a store a little ways away which sells dishes. However, walking in you wouldn't know it sells dishes becuase there's a large empty entryway with a bench and two rooms. You have to go through them to get into the actual store part. My sister either comes by while I'm talking and I tell her this, which she did not know before, or I tell her later on the phone. However, I am not here to shop; I've just come because it's cool and air conditioned inside and blazing hot outside. I sit down on the bench and eat my cottage cheese and fruit. A guy might come by to see what I'm doing there, or I was thinking about what would happen if he did.

I had 1 or 2 dreams after this one but I can't remember enough to begin describing anything, although I did right after I woke up (but I had to get ready for work, drat it all). I think my mother was in one of them.

No comments: