Friday, April 25, 2008

Evil Ex-Landlord Stalker Finally Gets Me

I am in my bedroom when the bedroom door starts to open. It is Ra-, my former evil landlord! I rush over and try to hold the door shut, he is acting friendly and like he just wants to talk to me. I yell at him to go away but he keeps pushing the door and is bigger and stronger than me, and I can't hold it shut. I realize that I don't want to be trapped in this room with him with no exit, so I let the door open and come out into the living room. I am yelling at him to get out of her, and pushing him towards the door, he resists but acts as if he's done nothing wrong (as is typical actually, acting friendly and ignorant while deviously stabbing in the back). I eventually work him over to the door and throw him out, yelling at the top of my lungs, get out of here, don't come back, etc. He goes. I see a girl standing at the door opposite my apartment door (it's just like the one I live in now), she looks nervous about the big row. I say sorry to her, weakly, that I don't know what he was doing here. I see now how he got into the apartment in the first place to get to the bedroom; he has removed the doorknob from the front door.

The rest of the building at least is a dorm (how/why I'm not sure, it looks exactly the same as the apartment complex and I've obviously been living there for a while in the dream). The girl is one of the new students moving in, and there is a meeting being held for the floor or building to get to know all the residents. I go to it. Among the others, I see the girl there, who is still looking at me somewhat worriedly. I and the other floor residents chat and get to know each other. The others are pairing up with roommates (I'm not, since although I live there I am not still living in my apartment with my husband (although he's gone at the moment), and am not a student like the others).

I give one of the girls advice on living with a roommate. The most important thing to consider, I say, is the cleaning compatibility. If you have somebody who is really picky and someone who is more relaxed, that can cause some strife, but mainly for the picky person. I am not the picky sort, I say. She says that she is, so she hopes her roommate is not lax.

I go back to my apartment (I think, maybe it's just another room) with one of the girls. The phone rings. It's Ra-. I slam it down. I don't want to hear his explanation which would be fake anyway, i just want him to go away. The girl says that a bunch of them are driving out to O.S. this evening (as if it were only an hour or so like from where I used to live). I tell her I don't think it's really a good idea to go all that way tonight, it's a long drive (it's already dark out), but she decides to go anyway. I don't go with them.

I think I call my husband the next day and tell him about Ra- coming, but he still isn't home. I decide that I will report it to the landlord's office so they know about the incident.

But later that day, he comes again. This time there is a lot more struggle. I think some of his clothes are off (not all). I wrestle with him. I tell him I am calling 911 if he doesn't go away. I'm very loud and yelling and eventually force him out again after a longer fight and lots of yelling at him to go.

Now I am more scared, I can't keep fighting him off if he keeps coming back in. I go down to the apartment complex office, but it's 7 pm and it's closed. I decide to drive down to the police station. I'm not sure what I can do, or they can do... get a restraining order? But at least I'm going to tell what happened and maybe they can tell me what to do or help protect me from him.

Outside the police station an officer is seated in a parked running vehicle. I knock on the window, but he tells me that he's on duty (apparently having to go somewhere) and to go inside and talk to the people there. This seems reasonable. I go in, there's a small line of people at the counter. A policewoman, older with puffy slightly orange hair, processes them quickly, they have minor things to take care of. I'm the last person in the line, luckily, because I know I'm going to take more time than these quick people.

I just start telling her what is going on, my voice shaking. She gestures to me to squat down (she does too) and talk quietly so the other people who came in to take care of things don't overhear. Then she leads me over to a small table by the window and I continue explaining.

Suddenly the door opens and Ra- comes into the police station. Everybody is startled. He comes toward me, talking, and I try to evade him. I start running toward the door and he pulls out a handgun and shoots me. I feel it hit me through my back in the left side, probably through vital organs. As I fall to the ground I can feel it tear through my body, and I wonder if it's hit my heart. I can feel my blood pounding through my body. I think I am dying right then. Everything is tingly and pressurized and it feels like I'm going to black out, like my heart is racing.
But, I don't die right then. I am dying but I realize that I will hang on for 3 days.

What happens after that is disoriented: I may be taken back to my apartment, he may come again, or maybe it's just a flashback and I'm reliving it very briefly. I think my husband comes home; I remember him bending over me in my dying condition, I don't think I can move much. I know I won't live much longer.

Although the attitude of the evil ex-landlord was accurate: in other words pretending to be "friendly" and ignorant/innocent of wrongdoing while stabbing in the back, the breaking into my apartment, attacking me, and ultimately killing me was not :P. A frightening dream, filled with adrenalin and fear. The feeling of dying and my body shutting down when I was shot was very intense.

No comments: