Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Wet Desert

I haven't been remembering dreams very well for the last couple of weeks, although the faint ghosts of some of them have flitted around the corners of my waking world. I remembered some scraps from last night, though.

I was in Saudi Arabia with my husband. The land was not like I would imagine it to be, instead it was like a very very drizzly fall day at the beach, but humid. The sand was gray like the northern beaches and wet and stretched away in uneven flatness, with trickling water in between. Visibility was very short, and it was hazy and drippy. We walked to an old building with public showers, seemingly out in the middle of nowhere. It was very large and made of thick, dark, old wood and stone, and was tall and shadowy with staircases going up and down and rooms sort of like dark, wooden locker rooms. My husband went into the men's part, to shower, and I went to the women's part. Nobody else was there, although when I looked out around the corner of the wall, I could see at least one distant figure in the haze, not coming or going I think. I don't remember if I showered or not, but I fumbled a lot with putting my hair up afterwards. It would not stay, and I had 3 or 4 wooden pokers of different kinds that I was trying to keep it up with.

There was more, including riding in a car before or after, I think, but that was the only part I can remember. The whole dream was very quiet, with sort of a pregnant waiting feeling, but not negative.

No comments: