Friday, October 26, 2007

7-Layer Soup, and Unclassy Phone Calls

10/26/2007 - Last night's dream (really early this morning and later this morning)

In the first dream, I was with my Aunt K-. She asked me to try some soup she had made, evaluating it for something. It was called Seven-Layer Soup, and it actually had layers of liquid, that you could see were distinct from each other. There were vegetables and beans and such in it as well. I tried it, taking a spoonful from each layer. You could dip your spoon down to a certain layer and lift it up through the other layers, and it kept whatever layer you had dipped to. The soup was good, although not exceptional. The most impressive feature was the layering. There was more to the dream, but this is the only fragment I can remember.

In the second dream, much later in the night, I was talking to my husband. As it turned out, he had been cutting class a LOT. He would call his teacher in the morning at the time class was starting (they had a phone in the classroom). If the teacher didn't answer, he considered this a valid excuse not to come to class, because he'd called and they hadn't been there. If they did answer, he would say he was calling in sick or something (not that they ever answered). I was rather upset and frustrated and tried to explain to him that this was not a valid reason not to go to class, nor should he expect his teachers to answer their phones. My teachers almost never answered the phone when class had started, I said. He should just go to class and stop calling in, and furthermore if he did reach the teacher, it would be too late for him to get to the class anyway (of course, this was the point of the whole exercise, to skip class).

I woke up when his alarm went off and was temporarily soothed by this, signaling that it has all been a dream and he really wouldn't do anything so ridiculous because here was his alarm getting him up for class. But then it became evident that he wasn't going to class after all, making me illogically REALLY upset due to the combination with the dream (and extreme lack of sleep).

No comments: